Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Recommended Artist: Phantom Planet


After reading the review on the Paramore show over at Allan's World I became interested in Phantom Planet. I was a fan of the band until their release of "The Guest" which took the band from indie to a teen show novelty. Joe indicated that the band had a "revamped sound" and curiosity got the best of this cat.

I obtained a copy of their fourth release "Raise the Dead" and was surprised. Deliciously raw is the best way to describe this album. The record starts of with the title track "Raise the Dead" with front man Alex Greenwald slurring "Wave your hands and and summon the spirits up, Tonight, Tonight, Tonight, We raise the dead."

Greenwald's sloppy and unprocessed voice is what sticks out most on this album and I love it. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Track from the band's website (100% legal to play)

No comments: